Saturday, May 30, 2009

Recommended Abroad Reading List

In addition to all the readings you might be (but probably aren't) reading for your abroad classes, here is a recommended list I can throw out to you of books I read this semester (in the order I read them). Kind of embarrassing that I hadn't read some of 'em, but anyways, they were all pretty excellent:

Soaring Underground: a Young Fugitive's Life in Nazi Berlin by Lary Orbach and Vivien Orbach-Smith.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe.

The Stranger by Albert Camus.

Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer.

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway.

I was also reading a play a week for my Israeli Drama course and a couple of shorts stories in the original Hebrew the popular Israeli writer Etgar Keret. In short, it is always good to have a bit of literature in your life. I give credit to my mommy and Mr. DiNota for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment